Monday, December 12, 2005

BETTER DAYS?

Are you an optimist or pessimist?

Have you ever run across followers of Jesus who continually speak of the evils of this world and pray without ceasing that Jesus would come back and rescue them out of this mess? Now I realize that we live in a broken world, marred and flawed by sin, injustice and oppression and that every one of us experiences the consequences of the fall each and every day. But man, that think of thinking, praying, and living really depresses me.

It’s been interesting that over the past couple of months that God has been using two songs to renew my spirit, one by the Goo Goo Dolls and the other by the Robbie Seay Band – both interestingly enough entitled “Better Days.” You can watch the Goo Goo Dolls perform the song at Rockefeller Square and and listen to the Robbie Seay song at their site.

First of all thanks for listening to our song We hope this finds you driving in your car or where ever you are breath out and breath again know that life is hard, but its worth it in the end, listen to me now for the love, oh love, It's waiting for you just to say here come better days here come better days,better days, and a better place I know.Secondly I'm all screwed up so royally I stumbled my way here, but wait, oh wait grace has found me shaken up my soul, grace will follow where ever you may go, listen to me now grace, oh grace, is calling for you just to say here come better days here come better days, better days, and a better place I know.

(Robbie Seay Band)

Faith calls me to be a realistic optimist –yes sin is a reality and brokenness is all around but while we are here on earth we have the opportunity to bring real help and hope to people in real need. And in fact isn’t that what the message of Christmas is all about?

What do you think?

Stay Connected…

No comments: