Sunday, March 27, 2005

TWIST OF FAITH: EMERGENT CHURCHES ATTRACT WORSHIPPERS WITH ALTERNATIVE RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCES

Check out the article in Sunday's Pittsburgh Post Gazette on the emerging church movement in Pittsburgh. I know all of the pastors referenced in the story (including BJ Woodworth who has been a guest speaker at Christ Community Church) and I think you will find it informative and inspiring. Leave a comment - I'd love to hear your thoughts and reactions.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05086/477120.stm

1 comment:

Jerry Mills said...

It's always exciting to hear how God's Spirit is moving, lifting Jesus high and drawing new people unto Him. Sounds like this is the "Jesus People" movement of this generation - with a different style, but still with a core value of community: with God and each other.

Here's my question Terry: Aren't almost all of the members of these church groups going to be in their twentys - so aren't they missing out on receiving spiritual mentoring from more mature believers as Paul instructs in his messages to Timothy? What about involvement with the next generation: since they're not worshipping (I assume) with 40-50-somethings, they don't have the opportunity to serve by teaching their children, mentoring them.

Am I too hung up on mentoring? Perhaps. But since I just went through my twenties, it's my #1 regret: that I had little mentoring from wiser, mature Christians.