Monday, April 07, 2008

It is a glorious spring day in Pittsburgh. I am loving it and trying my best to take it all in. One of the things I am doing to celebrate the day is listening to some great "spring" music. Jon Foreman, lead singer of Switchfoot, has released a series of EP's based upon the four seasons and today I downloaded, "Spring." These EP's are unlike anything you have heard from Switchfoot. They are acoustically based and formated songs with simple instrumentation and vocals.

Spring includes these six tracks:

* March
* Love Isn't Made
* In My Arms
* Baptize My Mind
* Your Love Is Strong
* Revenge

My favorite is "Your Love is Strong" which is Jon's take on the Lord's Prayer and Psalm 62:11-12 ("One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong and that you, O Lord, are loving..."):

Heavenly Father
You always amaze me
Let your kingdom come
In my world and in my life
You give me the food I need
To live through the day
And forgive me as I forgive
The people that wronged me
Lead me far from temptation
Deliver me from the evil one

I look out the window
The birds are composing
Not a note is out of tune
Or out of place
I look at the meadow
And stare at the flowers
Better dressed than any girl
On her wedding day

So why do I worry?
Why do I freak out?
God knows what I need
You know what I need

Your love is
Your love is
Your love is strong.

So, what are you dong on this spring day?

Stay connected...

No comments: