Wednesday, February 01, 2006


INDESRCRIBABLE

Ok, truth be told - Chris Tomlin is one of my favorite worship leaders. I know he is missing from my list on the right side of this page, but that will be fixed shortly. This past Sunday about 30 of us from Christ Community Church trekked to the North Hills of Pittsburgh to spend an evening with Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, and Louie Giglio for the Indescribable Tour. When an amazing evening of worship. Scripture, music, a huge sound system, captivating visuals, and a powerful message from Giglio, all guided and directed by the Holy Spirit, formed a beautiful mosaic of devotion to our God.

Here’s why Chris is one of my favorite worship leaders: he writes memorable songs. He is masterful at crafting a melody that quickly becomes a part of you, freeing you to bring your song of worship before the Lord. When we put our worship set together for last Sunday’s worship gathering, we decided to do a bunch of Tomlin songs in honor of his visit to Pittsburgh (we did the same with Matt Redman songs the week before). As I reviewed our catalogue of songs, I was amazed at how many of Chris’songs we actually sing.

I thank God for songwriters and worship leaders like Chris and Matt; they are indeed true gifts to the Church. Join me in raising a prayer of thanksgiving to our great God. “Give thanks to the Lord for He is good - His love endures forever!”

Stay Connected…

No comments: